Chernobyl Tours: Lost City of Pripyat
- We will meet you at your Kiev hotel at 09.00 am to check passports and dress code on our Chernobyl tours.
- Drive to Chernobyl passing the Dytyatky checkpoint (on the border of the 30-km Exclusion Zone). We show you an informative and stunning documentary during the 2-hour ride.
- Entry to the 30km Exclusion Zone. Meet the personnel of the Chernobyl Interinform Agency.
- Arrival at Chernobyl. Introductory briefing on the Exclusion Zone administrative division and regulations, RAW disposal, etc.
- Sightseeing in Chernobyl town: Wormwood Star Memorial, St. Ilya Church, Memorial “To Those who Saved the World”, photo stop at the place with robots and vehicles used to clean the radioactive fallout.
- Entry to the 10 km Zone by passing Leliv checkpoint.
- On the way to the Power Plant we stop at almost fully buried Kopachi village and check the kindergarten which we can still enter.
- Sightseeing Reactor #4 from a 300 m distance.
- Stop near the Red Forest.
- Sightseeing Pripyat town: Lenin Street, the palace of culture, Polissya hotel, supermarket; Ferris wheel, the stadium, school, swimming pool and the hospital.
- For passengers requiring Ukraine visa, please check requirements on: www.asla.co.uk – our dedicated visa site.
- Lunch at the Power Plant canteen- all ingredients are brought from the outside and ecologically clean.A vegetarian meal is available upon request.
- Visiting Paryshiv village, meet the self-settlers (people who chose to come back to their homes after the evacuation (optional).
- Important – Rossokha village (contaminated vehicle graveyard) – ACCESS FORBIDDEN BY THE GOVERNMENT FROM APRIL 2008.
- Passage through Dytyatki checkpoint. Compulsory radiation control.
- Our Chernobyl tours Return to Kiev around 6 p.m.
Abandoned Themepark at Pripyat – Chernobyl Tours
FOR VISITORS TO THE EXCLUSION ZONE AND THE ZONE OF ABSOLUTE (COMPULSORY) RESETTLEMENT
When visiting the exclusion zone all visitors are obliged to:
- Wear clothes and shoes, which protect the body, head, hands and feet;
- Comply with the radiation safety rules, health and safety regulations;
- Strictly comply with all instructions of the envoy officer;
- Move around only according to the prescribed routes and by authority of the envoy officer;
- Follow the personal hygiene rules.
During the visit to the exclusion zone it is totally prohibited to:
- Carry any kind of weapons.
- Drink liquors or take drugs.
- Eat or smoke in the open air.
- Touch any structure or vegetation.
- Sit or place photo and video equipment on the ground.
- Take any items outside the zone.
- Violate dress code (open-type shoes, shorts, skirts).
- Stay in the zone without the officer, responsible for the envoy.
- Gather, use and bring from the exclusion zone and the zone of absolute (mandatory) resettlement vegetable and cattle breeding products (vegetables, fruits, berries, mushrooms, plants, fish etc.), which were cultivated on the area of the exclusion zone and the zone of absolute (mandatory) resettlement, except specimens for scientific purposes.
- Bring in and bring out of the exclusion zone and the zone of absolute (mandatory) resettlement any animals (dogs, cats etc).
- Drink water from wells, rivers and other open water sources. It is allowed to use water only from Chernobyl water supply system, or water from stores.
All instructions of the envoy officer shall be binding for visitors. Photographing and filming on the designated route shall be subject to authorization of the envoy officer.
Leaving the exclusion zone and the zone of absolute (mandatory) resettlement it is necessary to:
- Pass compulsory radiation control of clothes, foot wear, personal items.
- Pass compulsory radiation control of transport.
If contamination exceeds the established control levels, personal clothes, foot wear, and items are subject to decontamination.
Possible irradiation dose is up to 3 microSv, which does not exceed the dose limit of the population.
To book, email us: email@example.com